Apprenticeship Specialist (International Trade)
Position Status: Permanent – Full time
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 depending on experience.
Reports To: Deputy to the Director of Academy
Location: Remote working with occasional travel to Peterborough
The Institute of Export & International Trade (IOE&IT) is the leading association of exporters and importers, providing education and training to professionalise the UK’s international traders; alongside the consultancy work that we do for our members.
These are exciting times in the sector following Brexit and we’re seeing sustained growth in the demand for our services – as a result, our team needs to grow too.
To complement our existing educational offering we will be expanding our programme to include Apprenticeships to help train the next generation of international traders in the UK. We are now recruiting an Apprenticeship Specialist to lead and deliver this programme.
As the programme course lead this role can be done remotely there is an expectation that the successful candidate will be coming to Peterborough for team meetings and other necessary face-to-face commitments with stakeholders, which is anticipated to be about once a month. There is also the potential for onsite client visits, location dependant.
The main function of this job is to lead the development, continuous improvement, and support of educational initiatives and apprenticeship programmes.
The role will involve
- Developing and delivering a high-quality apprenticeship service for employers and apprentices working with employers, stakeholders and apprentices, growing the reputation of the Institute as a provider of excellence in apprenticeship delivery
- Leading the development and delivery of our apprenticeship strategy, engaging employers and growing our business whilst maintaining our focus on high quality and successful outcomes for apprentices
- Leading governance and quality oversight of the apprenticeship programme, delivering core key performance indicators including achievement rates, employer engagement and satisfaction, apprentice retention and satisfaction
- Working with apprentices, employers, colleagues and external stakeholders to continuously improve our apprenticeships through our SAR and QIP to improve provision year on year
- Leading our of ILR data management, evidence and process compliance and service standards to meet ESFA, IFATE and Ofsted Standards.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Leading, managing, motivating, and developing a team of staff through excellent people management practices to achieve objectives.
- Working with further and higher education apprenticeship and education providers and build relationships with partners to ensure that all apprenticeships are managed and tracked effectively.
- Rigorous monitoring and reviewing of outcomes to ensure timely, successful completion across apprenticeship provision.
- Working in partnership with the delivery staff to ensure effective, timely development and delivery of the apprenticeship programmes.
- Overall management responsibility for delivery and administration functions, providing on-going support and guidance through observation, appraisal, supervision, staff development and performance management.
- Ensuring that staff within the business are kept up to date with internal and external issues and lead regular team briefings and feedback sessions.
- Reviewing and evaluating all provision in accordance with quality systems and contribute to quality reviews and self-assessment processes in line with Ofsted criteria
- Leading engagement with key stakeholders including the ESFA, Ofsted, End Point Assessment Organisations, IfATE and employer and apprentice groups
- Leading our subcontracting and contracting relationships with the key individuals and organisations including End Point Assessment Organisations needed to deliver our apprenticeships
- Responsibility for providing information about apprenticeships to market and promote our programmes
- Ensuring that our employers are informed and prepared for their apprenticeships, supporting them and their staff to recruit and select their apprentices
- Creating the policies, processes and action to continuously improve our delivery
- Monitoring and ensuring the provision of accurate and monthly programme ILR data and reports to staff and governance boards and structures to enable proactive monitoring and management of performance risk and quality
- Leading implementation and coordination of ESFA compliance with the Administration team, delivering evidence packs as required during pre-engagement, onboarding, programme and the consistent and correct application of enrolment in line with ESFA requirements.
- Leading our understanding of current and future apprenticeship policy and good practice, embedding this in our policies processes and practice, delivering training and guidance for staff, including
- Having a thorough understanding of data, attention to detail and strive for continuous quality control.
- Contributing to the development of the curriculum portfolio, identifying opportunities for managed growth in our apprenticeship and wider education services.
Knowledge and Experience
- In depth knowledge and understanding of funded education and training
- Experience of successfully managing budgets
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of the English Apprenticeship funding system
- Knowledge of current Apprenticeship Standards
- An excellent understanding of training & development in a work-based context
- Successful experience of working with employers
- Proven management experience in a work-based learning environment.
- Demonstrable experience of partnership working with a range of organisations
- Wide experience of delivering and managing apprenticeship programmes with employers, setting and delivering high standards for the quality of delivery
- Ability to express ideas succinctly and clearly, both verbally and in writing, creating documents that are useful and used by the intended audience
- Ability to engage with and communicate with a range of learners, staff, stakeholders and employers in joint action and activity to meet objectives
- Proven track record of delivery quality assurance and the management of quality processes that lead to improvement in services and delivery efficiencies
- Ability to demonstrate a clear commitment to high standards and the ability to identify issues and opportunities and take action to manage risk, opportunity, quality and performance and drive continuous improvement
- Ability to manage and interpret data and information creating reports and summaries that drive action from others
- Ability to travel across venues independently when required
Other Specific Qualities:
- Ability to react flexibly under pressure and to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity
- Ability to establish good working relationships with a wide range of people
- Ability to liaise with senior staff, prioritise work and manage competing demands
- Ability to be innovative
- Forward thinking and proactive
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Working knowledge of student learning platform Canvas©
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Generous pension and holiday entitlements
- Private healthcare
- Personalised learning and development
- A range of discounts for shopping, holidays and cinema through our benefits platform
HOW TO APPLY:
Click on the apply button and send us your CV for consideration.
ABOUT THE IOE&IT:
The Institute is the leading membership body of exporters and importers in the UK.
Based in Peterborough and London, the IOE&IT is expanding as demand for our digital training and education products grows after the UK’s transition from the EU.
As a partner with UK government, we deliver national and international programmes, acting as champions for the UK and establishing UK processes and standards globally.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
IOE&IT is a company with a charitable status that believes in diversity and inclusion, as shown in the hiring and progression of our team members. The IOE&IT’s workforce is truly diverse – in age, nationality, gender and location.
With a passion for nurturing, supporting and including all team members – no matter who you are – we celebrate identity. We are proud of who we are and where we come from.
Our Disability Confident and Mindful Employer accreditations express our commitment to the specialist needs and mental health of IOE&IT team members.
Having family-friendly policies allows our employees to partake in a flexible work environment so they can take care of children and loved ones.
If you’re involved in Apprenticeships and are looking to take your career to the next level, this is an unmissable opportunity. You’ll bring your existing skills to bear while being encouraged and supported to develop new ones.
And even better, at the IOE&IT you’ll do this at an ambitious and growing organisation alongside a group of talented, expert, and friendly colleagues.