Chichester College have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as an Apprenticeship Coach. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis (37 hours per week). In return, we will offer a competitive salary of £21,511 - £23,508 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Haywards Heath, and Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based. Through our colleges, we educate and train around 25,000 full and part-time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
In return for joining us as our Apprenticeship Coach, we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership, plus more
Key Responsibilities of ourApprenticeship Coach:
- Motivate each individual learner within a caseload and to monitor their progress against their learning goals.
- Encourage each student to engage personal evaluation, reflection and target setting, using value added to measure progression (where appropriate).
- Set, in partnership with individual students, course teams and other stakeholders (including, for example, employers, social care and parents), challenging SMART targets to support progression.
- Fully utilise information systems to record, monitor and track learners within a cohort of tutees.
- Rigorously track and monitor the attendance of each student within a cohort of tutees across all elements of their programme (including Maths, English and ICT as appropriate) and, where necessary, take action to improve poor individual performance. This will/may include sustained liaison with the student and key stakeholders.
- Identify student needs and facilitate access to appropriate services to support achievement, such as additional support, careers advice and the enrichment programme.
- Deliver and facilitate group activities which support the development of personal employability/work readiness skills, knowledge and skills and behaviours related to the Group’s Core Values and British Values statement.
- Liaise with all involved in a student’s chosen programme of study (including teachers, course leaders and (Deputy) Heads of Learning) to address any concerns and support student success. Where appropriate support employers through site visits and engagement activity.
- Comply with the relevant administration procedures and adhere to set deadlines for example individual reviews, UCAS, references and/or new measures of success.
- Play a key role within the Apprentice Journey supporting key aspects of college life as appropriate, such as induction and college events and activities.
- Have a knowledge of Apprenticeship Frameworks, Internships and Traineeships and Higher Education options.
Our ideal Apprenticeship Coach should have the below skills and experience:
- Educated to Level 3
- Level 2 English and Maths
- Level 3 Coaching/Mentoring qualification or the willingness to work towards achievement
- Experience of supporting students post 16
- Experience of delivering learning advice to students in a 1:1 or group
- Administrative experience
- Understanding of the study needs and options and progression opportunities for post 16 learners
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Powerpoint
Closing date for applications: 9th June 2022
Interview date: 23rd June 2022
If you would like to learn more about our Apprenticeship Coach role, then please click ‘apply’ today!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.