**Part-Time maternity cover**
To support the effective completion of Adult Care Levels 2 to 5 Qualifications. Predominately responsible for delivering the Level 4 Lead Practitioner in Adult Care and level 5 Leader in Adult Care as well as the L2 Adult Care worker and the Level 3 Lead Adult Care worker. It is essential that the candidates hold a relevant clinical qualification as a minimum Level 5 Leader in Adult care and must also hold or be willing to work towards an IQA qualification and deliver Functional Skills English and Maths Level 1 – Level 2 and successful progression of the Apprentices/Learners during the programme.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support & coordinate initial assessment paperwork and induction of Apprentices/Learners onto the Adult Care Qualifications, Functional Skills, or other training programmes.
2. Mentor and prepare Apprentices/Learners in readiness for sitting their Functional Skills tests, completing diagnostics, and providing any learning requirements they might need.
3. Where appropriate refer Apprentices/Learners to Business Team Leader, Head of Operations or Quality Team for diagnostic testing for confirmation of any additional support needs.
4. Act as a mentor and coach to Apprentices/Learners, offering information, advice and guidance as required.
5. Complete all relevant paperwork for the induction process as laid down by company policy and procedures, ensuring that details are passed on to administration for processing in line with ILR and Funding requirements.
6. To teach, mark and feedback on Functional Skills assessments, coordinate the Level 1 & 2 papers to ensure timely completions of tests.
7. Design, deliver and assess Adult Care qualifications up to level 5. Plan effective delivery schedules alongside Employer and update relevant MIS systems.
8. Ensure sufficient progression against all aims and maintain Apprentice/Learner files in line with all funding requirements.
9. Ensure timely completion of delivery, meeting programme requirements, including EPA preparation.
10. Maintain <5% outstanding reviews and past planned end date completions.
1. To provide Adult Care/Functional Skills support to Head of operations/Chief Operating officer as required, at locations around the company network.
2. To report back to Head of Operations & Chief Operating Officer on the Learner Journey and progress.
3. Attend monthly meetings, including employer engagement meetings.
1. To be fully conversant with company policies and procedures.
2. To participate in Standardisation, Self-Assessment Reviews and Quality Improvement Planning activities.
3. To keep up to date with changes to National Awarding Organisations’ criteria and standards.
4. To contribute to the implementation of quality systems and processes.
5. Identify and share good practice with other staff and teams.
6. Develop and prepare resources for teaching, update Schemes of Work & Lesson Plans in line with company and awarding organisation requirements.
7. Undertake QA and IQA duties as required to meet qualification compliance.
8. Partake in bi-annual observations of teaching and learning
1. To remain up to date with national and local developments, which may affect Adult Care/Functional Skills delivery and Learner Support requirements.
2. To monitor and evaluate personal performance within the context of the role.
3. To participate in the company appraisal system and remain conversant with Company Policy and Procedure.
4. To participate in the training and development activities as required.
5. To remain proficient in the use and application of IT.
6. To comply with annual CPD requirements.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Leader in Adult Care or Clinical Health Care manager qualification/ Registered nurse
• Achievement of teaching qualification (minimum Level 4 CET or equivalent)
• Key Skills Level 3/Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths(or equivalent)
• TAQA A1/D32/D33 (or equivalent)
• Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) Qualification
• Experience of working within and delivering Health & Social Care Qualifications
• Assessment of Apprentices/Learners
• Lesson Planning & Preparation
• Delivery of Training to Apprentices/Learners
• Initial Assessment of Apprentices/Learners
• Identifying and implementing training solutions.
• Assessment to identify additional learning support needs.
• Working in an environment offering individual support and support for differentiation.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to train and assess up to Functional Skills Level 2 and up to Level 5 Adult Care Qualifications.
• Possession of good communication skills, both written and oral.
• The ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals at all levels.
• The ability to train others with energy and enthusiasm and provide the environment where Apprentices/Learners feel motivated.
• The ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as autonomously when necessary. SKILLS AND ABILITIES - Other • Ability to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines.
• Ability to produce work to an appropriate standard in line with requirements of the role.
• Use a PC to create, store and retrieve information.
• Effective Time Management Skills.
• Flexible and able to cope under pressure.
• An understanding of Safeguarding Issues.
• An understanding of Equality & Diversity.
Possession of a full driving licence, the ability to drive and use of a car.
The ability and willingness to undertake relevant staff development.
Home based role with requirement to travel to support learners, Clients and meet the needs of the business.
Pay Range: Full Time equivalent 29k to 32k depending on qualifications and experience