September 6, 2023
Table of Contents
Have you ever found yourself knee-deep in job descriptions, tirelessly assembling the quintessential candidate profile for your organisation? If you're in search of a Tutor, the situation might seem quite challenging.
No worries! In this blog post, we've compiled a template for a Tutor job description that you can personalise to meet your organisational needs. Eager to draw in the best talent? Let's dive in.
The Role of a Tutor
Tutors serve as the vital link between educational content and students. Their primary goal is to develop and deliver innovative, high-quality teaching and learning materials, guiding students in both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. This role demands the simultaneous handling of various responsibilities, including module leadership, curriculum design, assessment development, personal tuition, and project supervision.
Tutors are pivotal to the educational landscape, and their demand spans across various domains. From corporate professional development programmes to degree apprenticeship courses, these professionals use their expertise to bridge the skills gap in the industry. Their unique blend of academic proficiency, passion for teaching, and mentoring capabilities makes them indispensable in moulding future professionals.
For a comprehensive understanding of the role of a tutor, feel free to refer to our detailed post on exploring tutor jobs.
Tutor Job Description
Here’s a standard job description for a Tutor role.
Key Purposes of the Role
- Develop and deliver high-quality teaching and learning materials reflecting the current skills and capability requirements of corporate employers.
- Lead curriculum and content design for a range of programmes and modules.
- Develop and mark assessments and oversee personal tuition and project supervision.
- Engage in student cohort and group management and deliver teaching and training activities.
- Support business development activities and contribute to thought leadership.
- Attend client briefings and recruitment events to foster client engagement.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the current skills and capability requirements of corporate employers.
- Design and deliver high-quality teaching materials, including schemes of work, session content, and webinar content.
- Develop relevant assessments and professional development activities.
- Provide robust marking, evaluation, and feedback processes.
- Incorporate professional expertise and understanding of the current corporate landscape into teaching and learning.
- Provide professional developmental insight and use coaching models to support academic projects.
- Relevant professional qualification.
- Extensive professional experience in relevant corporate roles.
- Understanding of organisational capability requirements in specialist area.
- Experience in leadership, training, or staff development.
- Proficiency in presentations or public speaking.
- Experience in negotiating with and managing different stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, and organisational skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and be collaborative.
- Commerciality, digital literacy, and self-motivation.
- Relevant postgraduate degree or other industry-related professional accreditations and/or certifications.
- Understanding of work-based learning.
- Experience of coaching and/or mentoring.
Please note this is a template and might require slight modifications based on your organisation and specific requirements.
Other Useful Resources
For further exploration into the role of a Tutor, we've compiled a list of resources that offer invaluable insights and guidance:
- Exploring Tutor Jobs - Delve deeper into what a Tutor role entails. This blog post dissects the responsibilities, necessary skills, and more about this critical education role.
- Essential Skills and Tips for Successful Tutoring Jobs - Tutoring can be a demanding job, and having the right set of skills can make a difference. Discover the key skills needed to excel in this role and some helpful tips for success.
- Tutor Interview Questions and Answers - Prep for your next Tutor job interview with our list of common questions and the best ways to answer them.
- Tutor CV Guide - Creating an impressionable CV is your first step towards landing that ideal Tutor role. This guide helps you tailor your CV to leave a lasting impression on prospective employers.
- Bolt Jobs Board - Browse through our job board to find the latest Tutor vacancies in the UK education sector.