December 6, 2023
Table of Contents
Are you an employer in the construction industry looking to hire a Construction Trainer/Assessor but unsure how to articulate the job role and responsibilities?
This job description template is designed to make your hiring process smoother and more efficient. Tailored to capture the essential qualifications, skills, and duties for a Construction Trainer/Assessor, this template serves as a valuable resource that you can easily copy and adapt to fit your company's specific needs.
Would You Like Help Hiring a Construction Trainer?
Finding the right Construction Trainer/Assessor for your organisation can be a challenging task. From sifting through CVs to conducting interviews, the hiring process can be time-consuming and complex. If you're looking to streamline this process and attract top talent effortlessly, we've got the perfect solution for you.
Bolt Jobs offers a dedicated platform where you can post your job vacancies and connect with qualified candidates in the education and training sector. With our user-friendly interface and targeted reach, you can be assured of finding the right fit for your organisation. Simply click here to post your job and let us take care of the rest.
Construction Trainer Job Description
Before diving into the nitty-gritty of the job description, it's important to understand the pivotal role a Construction Trainer/Assessor plays in your organisation. This individual is not just a trainer but a mentor, a supervisor, and a key player in the professional development of your workforce. They are responsible for imparting essential skills, ensuring workplace safety, and evaluating performance, among other duties. The following job description is a comprehensive outline that covers all these aspects.
Feel free to copy and adapt this template to suit your company's specific needs and requirements.
Job Title: Construction Trainer/Assessor
Location: Flexible (Travel may be required)
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (Negotiable based on experience and qualifications)
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent or Freelance Options Available
The Construction Trainer/Assessor is responsible for delivering high-quality construction instruction, on-site supervision, and vocational training to trainees. This role is pivotal in building strong relationships with trainees, fostering a transformative learning culture, and ensuring that trainees are well-equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge for a career in construction.
- A minimum of three to five years of hands-on experience in the construction industry, preferably at a journey- or technician-level.
- Adult Teaching Qualification and/or A1 Assessor qualification are mandatory.
- Proficient understanding of the assessment cycle, including planning, delivery, and evaluation.
- Must hold or be willing to complete an Instructor Certification Training Program within the first six months of employment.
- All experience and qualifications must be clearly reflected on your CV.
- Recognised Assessor awards such as D32/D33, A1, TAQA, or CAVA are highly advantageous.
- A clean driving license is required as travel to different training locations may be necessary.
- Competence in Maths and English at Level 2 or equivalent is preferred.
- Assist in teaching a comprehensive range of construction skills, including but not limited to, demolition, framing, roofing, drywall, electrical work, and plumbing.
- Provide both personal and vocational counselling to trainees, aiding in their overall development and preparation for the job market.
- Conduct regular evaluations to assess the knowledge, skills, and performance of trainees in various construction tasks.
- Actively participate in the development and updating of a project-based curriculum that incorporates the latest trends and technologies in construction.
- Ensure the proper use, handling, and maintenance of all tools, power tools, and equipment to guarantee safety and efficiency on the job site.
- Conduct on-site visits and observations to gather quality evidence towards trainees' Apprenticeship/QCF qualifications.
- Offer tailored support, advice, and motivation to learners, ensuring they are engaged and progressing well in their courses.
- Identify and overcome barriers to learning, adapting the delivery of training to meet the individual needs of each learner.
- Work closely with other staff members to coordinate individual learning plans and ensure timely completion of courses.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for effective interaction with trainees, staff, and external parties.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills are essential for handling multiple tasks and deadlines.
- The ability to inspire, motivate, and positively influence people is crucial for this role.
- A quality-driven approach with a willingness to go the extra mile to ensure learners receive the best possible training experience.
- An excellent package that may include a company van, if required for the role.
- Great career progression opportunities within the organisation.
- A pension scheme is available after the successful completion of a probationary period.
- A generous holiday allowance, including bank holidays.
- Ample opportunities for further training, professional development, and growth within the company.
To further assist you in the hiring process and workforce development, we've compiled a list of invaluable resources:
- How to Post a Job on Bolt Jobs: A step-by-step guide to posting your job vacancies on our platform, ensuring you attract the right candidates.
- Construction Trainer Interview Questions and Answers: Prepare for the interview stage with this comprehensive list of questions and ideal answers.
- How to Find the Perfect Construction Training Jobs in the UK: An insightful guide for employers to understand what potential candidates are looking for in a job.
- Construction Trainer CV Example: Do you know someone who needs inspiration for their CV? Check out this example tailored for construction trainers.
For those actively seeking to post employment opportunities in construction training, visit our dedicated subject page:
- Bolt Jobs in Construction: Your go-to resource for the latest job listings and industry insights in the construction training sector.
Wrapping It Up
Hiring the right Construction Trainer/Assessor is a crucial step in ensuring the success and safety of your construction projects. From qualifications to responsibilities, we've provided a comprehensive job description template to make your hiring process as straightforward as possible. Remember, this template is fully adaptable to meet your organisation's specific needs.
If you're ready to take the next step, don't hesitate to post your job vacancy on Bolt Jobs and explore our additional resources for further guidance.